quillbot ai detector
Connect with us

English Premier League

Al Hilal confirm Malcom departure as Brazilian winger moves to Al Jazira

Published

on

Al Hilal confirm Malcom departure as Brazilian winger moves to Al Jazira

Al Hilal have officially confirmed the end of their contractual relationship with Brazilian winger Malcom, paving the way for his move to United Arab Emirates club Al Jazira.

The Saudi club announced on Friday that its board had completed the formalities required to terminate Malcom’s contract with the first-team squad.

In a statement published on the club’s official website, Al Hilal said: “The board of directors of Al Hilal Club Company completed this evening, Friday, the procedures for signing a contractual clearance with first-team football player Malcom Filipe.”

The announcement formally brought Malcom’s time with Al Hilal to an end after the player had already indicated that his next destination would be Al Jazira. Malcom revealed the move on his Instagram account before Al Hilal had issued its official statement confirming the separation.

Al Jazira subsequently announced the signing, making the transfer official from the Emirati club’s side as well.

The Abu Dhabi-based club presented Malcom as its latest attacking addition in a social media message that said: “Fakhr Abu Dhabi accepts nothing but the best … and we are ready for the challenge ✨🔥 Malcom is Jazrawi! We are pleased to announce the signing of Brazilian attacker Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira 🤍🖤”

The announcement was accompanied by the hashtags used by Al Jazira and its “Fakhr Abu Dhabi” identity.

Malcom, whose full name is Malcom Filipe Silva de Oliveira, had been the subject of increasing speculation over his future before the two clubs confirmed the move. His own social media announcement had effectively settled where he would continue his career, although the official completion of his departure still depended on Al Hilal finalising the contractual process.

Al Hilal also used a separate statement on Friday to announce the departure of French player Mathieu Patouillet.

The club said its board, led by Prince Nawaf bin Saad, had reached an agreement with Patouillet to end the contractual relationship between the player and Al Hilal.

“Al Hilal Club Company’s board of directors, chaired by His Highness Prince Nawaf bin Saad, and first-team football player Mathieu Patouillet have agreed to terminate the contractual relationship linking the player with the club, wishing the player continued success in his future career,” the statement said.

The two announcements mean Al Hilal have confirmed the departures of both Malcom and Patouillet, while Malcom’s next move has already been formally announced by Al Jazira. The Brazilian’s transfer was therefore confirmed through a sequence of statements, beginning with his indication on Instagram, followed by Al Hilal’s contractual clearance and Al Jazira’s announcement of the signing.

author avatar
Samuel Ahmadu
Samuel Ahmadu is a distinguished multimedia journalist and women's football expert with over 15 years of experience in the industry. On the back of domestic engagement since 2008, he began his international career journey at Goal.com in February 2014, where he served as an African women's football correspondent for nearly eight years. During his tenure at Goal.com, Samuel covered major events such as three Women's Africa Cup of Nations (2016, 2018, 2022) and the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada plus 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. His work at Goal.com earned him widespread acclaim, particularly for his in-depth profiles of African football stars, notably Asisat Oshoala, whose rise he documented from her early years to her breakthrough at the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup in 2014. Prior to his role at Goal.com, Samuel freelanced for various print and broadcast media outlets in Nigeria, including Graphics Newspaper, Radio Nigeria, Grace FM, and Savid Newspaper. His extensive experience and expertise led to his appointment to the Nigeria Football Federation's Standing Committee on Women's Football Development from 2016 to 2018. Since February 2018, Samuel has been the Social Media Manager for Nigeria's women's national teams. In 2019, Samuel joined the Confederation of African Football (CAF) as a women's football content contributor and was promoted to Women's Football Editor in 2021. His contributions to women's football continued as he worked as a Media Consultant for Content Creation and Editorials at the 2022 CAF Women's Champions League. Currently, Samuel also serves as the spokesman for the Nigeria Women Football League, further solidifying his influence and dedication to the growth of women's football in Africa.
Continue Reading